BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Solotica Hidrocor in Mel

Ok so I've tried color contacts before but they always looked too fake or unbelievable (freshlook, acuvue, etc.) so i decided to stick with clear contact lenses since I use them to see as well. Well not until recently I began my search for the most realistic contacts that most anybody can afford... That is when I dicovered Solotica and there wide selection of colors for almost anybody!

I did research on them endlessly trying to decide wether or not it was a good investment, considering the lenses are made in Brazil and are hard lenses, the price wasn't something to take too lightly.

So what I ended up finding out about these lenses was that, they come in three different makes but all with the same color selection. The colors are Mel (honey), Grafite (gray), Verde (green), Azul (blue), Marine (aqua/turqouise), Ocre(coppery brown), and Ice (grayish blue). They are all beutiful colors, but like most colored contacts you have to be careful as to which color you choose since some wont appear as radiant through dark eyes (like my own). This is where Solotica gets fancy, they have three different styles with different levels of opacity (density of color). They are Hidrocor (the most opaque, initialed HD), Hidrocharme (moderate opaque with a thick limbal ring around the iris, initialed HC), and Natural Colors (least opaque with a suttle limbal ring around the iris, initialed NC).

*I noticed that the way these lenses are painted is different as well, they look so much more realistic than your average lenses, they do appear like an actual eye.

People with dark eyes would probably want to get Hidrocor since the opacity works well to mask the color. BUT be warned, if you have a small iris you might want to stay away from Mel and Ocre since people tended to complain that the color bleeds out into the white of their eyes, so you might just want to lean toward Hidrocharme for those two colors. Those with light eyes that want a dramatic change and look of innocence becuase of the thick limbal ring, might want to oppt for the Hidrocharme selection. Now for those with light eyes that just want to liven up there natural eye color and make it more radiant, I think Natural Colors is the best choice for you.

*Take into consideration your skintone as well, remember you want to aim for the most realistic color on you! :]

I decided to save up and get Hidrocor Mel. The way these contacts work on dark eyes is unique, the color of the contact meshes with your natural eye color to make a new one, which is pretty cool and adds uniqueness to the lenses. So the Mel color wich is a honey, will tend to make a suttle green on dark eyes. I have dark Eyes, So since I've always wanted green eyes, im a pale olive tone, and I have moderate sized eyes i got Hidrocor in Mel :]

Remember that these lenses are hard lenses, wich means that they will feel uncomfortable at first, but thats ok just start building endurance until your eyes get used to them, your cornea will make a callus of sort after about a week to a month. The good thing about these lenses though is that they allow more oxygen to your eyes and they will last you a good year to a year-and-a-half depending on how well you take care of them, So Make The most of Them.

*If you do get these lenses, and you decide to get them perscripted for your main source of vision throughout the day, remember to get good rewetting eye drops for them becuase they can get dry and irritating at times.

A great place to buy them is
WrLens.com (I'am in No Way associated with them nor am I being paid to endorse their Company) This is where I got mine, since solotica is a Brazilian company, most stores will be in Portuguese or they wont ship to The U.S. but WrLens is in English, their shipping is quite fast considering the distance and it ships to the States! The lenses cost $37.50 per lens so $75 per pair +Shipping&Handeling around $102.14 (it might vary depending on where you live).
They do seem kind of expensive, BUT if you do your homework and save up They Are Worth It, I Guarantee It!

Here are some pictures of me with them on, in different settings, enjoy! :]

P.S. I'm sorry I look awful in these photos, I was extremely tired... Not high! lol :P




Outdoors Natural Lighting



Direct Sun Light



Indoors Flash Photography



Indoors Dim Lighting



Indoors Natural Lighting



Night Time Flash Photography

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about getting them for my birthday here soon, but I Don't want them if they're gunna be SUPER uncomfortable, and can you choose the curve of them and everything to fit your eye when you purchase them?

Anonymous said...

Great review! I have the Hidrocor Mel's as well and I absolutely love them! I just ordered hidrocor ice! I hope they look just as natural as the Mel's.
I ordered the Mel's from WRlens; however, I ordered the ice from Viallure! It is so much faster! They will be arriving tomorrow at 10:30 am and I ordered them Sunday night. I ordered express so that is why they will be here wed 10:30. I did have to pay for express shipping but it was worth it because I have an event to go to this weekend.

Zil123 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pochaca said...

Very helpful. Thank you very much for sharing the information. And BTW. The color you choose is great on you!

Mona said...

I have small iris overall small eyes and brown skin. Which color would suit me well.Plus which ones are the most natural looking with no alien hue.

Unknown said...

Hi, there. To anybody reading, these are NOT gas permeable (hard) contacts. They are soft contacts like any other. Just wanted to clarify that for people. Aaaaand corneas don’t build calluses. At all.